Τhe advantages which are associated with the energy exploitation of biomass are even more timely nowadays, as they can act as a catalyst so as to improve many different sectors of society and of the economy. It is worth mentioning that bioenergy is also linked to the creation of more jobs than any other renewable energy sources, with a rate corresponding to 40% of all jobs in the RES.
ITA group of companies is active in recent years in energy production from biomass. More specifically:
– ITA has filed in the Second CSF a relative folder for the installation and the operation of a biomass CHP plant with installed power of 2.8 MWe in the region of Evros. The produced heat will cover the heating demands of the nearby settlement while the required biomass feedstock will be received from local residues
– ITA has conducted a research on the availability of biomass from forest residues in the industrial area of Kasoah in Ghana, in collaboration with the Ministry of Forestry of Ghana and the company Aveltion Ghana Ltd. Based on the results of this research ITA has proposed an investment program to install and operate a biomass CHP plant of electric capacity 250 MWe in cooperation with Danish companies ELSAM A / S and TECH-WISE A / S
– ITA has implemented feasibility studies for investment in biomass CHP plants in the regions of Evros and Rhodopi with feedstock fuel from cotton residues and the simultaneous development of energy crops cultivation in the region
– ITA has received power production permit from the Greek Regulatory Authority for Energy for the installation of a biomass combustion plant (with ORC application), with installed electric capacity 2.18 MWe, in the region of Evros with cardoon fuel which will be grown and harvested locally
– ITA has received power production permit from the Greek Regulatory Authority for Energy for the installation of a biomass combustion plant (with ORC application), with installed electric capacity 2.18 MWe, in the region of Drama with fuel received from locally available forest biomass
– ITA has submitted a proposal for the installation of CHP with biomass gasification power 1 MWe, in the area of Novi Sad, in northern Serbia
It must be underlined that the Group’s involvement in the Greek Bioenergy sector is very strong, since ITA Group president is simultaneously President of the Hellenic Biomass Association (HELLABIOM), member of the prestigious European AEBIOM.