The company maintains a continuous presence in the field of Solar Energy within the framework of its involvement with Renewable Energy Sources. Some of the first actions of ITA Group in the field are listed below:
- Preparation of a feasibility and engineering study for a 200 kWp pilot solar energy plant in a remote Greek island where there is no electricity grid. The study was performed within the Community Support Framework, in co-operation with the British firm INTERSOLAR GROUP.
- Preparation and submission to the Community Support Framework of the first (1999) investment plan for the installation and operation of a photovoltaic (PV) station of 165 kWp in Antiscari of Heraklion, Crete, on behalf of the company PV Energy S.A.
- Establishment of close cooperation with large construction groups in Spain, also specializing in solar energy.
ITA Group is currently implementing an ambitious investment plan, which includes:
- Development of several photovoltaic (PV) power plants with a total capacity of 9.5 MW, in Northern Greece, Peloponnesus, Crete and Cyclades islands.
- Development of Solar Thermal (CSP) power plants, in Crete and Central Greece.
- Elaboration of feasibility studies and detailed engineering design, for solar power plants, on behalf of its clients.
For all projects in the Solar energy field, ITA Group covers the entire range of associated activities, such as feasibility studies, engineering design, licensing, subsidy applications, turn-key construction, testing and commissioning.